Thursday, September 3, 2009

So Sad, Yet So True

I can't believe the last two things I have had a moment to sit down and write about had to do with poop. Really, there are five dozen other things, moments, and thoughts I'd love to share, but time has been a distant friend. You know...the one that calls or visits once in awhile, but is never really around when you need her. Time seems to be ganging up on me with her partner Energy. You see, when Time does stop, and give me ample opportunity to conquer a few to-do's...wouldn't you know that Energy abandons me. She leaves me cold and lethargic and feeling completely hopeless.

Today, in short...the baby is being weaned off of his bottle. He is just over two weeks away from reaching his first birthday. It hadn't been too bad until a few nights ago. He has had insomnia three nights in a row. I'm not sure if it's just his body adjusting to our new routine or maybe he's teething. Last night he didn't even want the bottle when I tried to coax him back to sleep. From 3am to 5:30, we sat on the living room floor going back and forth between sleep negotiations, quiet play, and cuddling.

Chica has been adding to her vocabulary list almost every day. She's also been asking to go potty and has only wet 3 diapers/day on average for nearly 10 days.

Neto Boy has learned how to tie his shoes. It had been hard to get him to look past his frustration and keep trying. Finally, within the last two weeks he just put his mind to it and learned how to do it. I usually follow up and tighten the laces for him by adding a second knot so that they don't come undone.

Now...I did have to bribe him a bit. The day he finally tied a successful loop and knot, I had explained that if he were to complete the task 3 times, I'd be so impressed, I'd buy him two fish instead of one (the first fish was a birthday gift). I don't normally bribe my children, but I needed to give him some motivation. It took nearly 40 minutes, but he did it. Now he is tying them everyday. I'm hoping this boost of confidence will carry over to the next challenge...riding his "big boy" bike. He's been afraid to fall off of it, so hasn't wanted to give it a go much. Now that autumn is just 19 days away, our summer afternoons are more comfortable so I'd like to get him on that bike everyday next week.

Well...most things come in 3's right? It was midmorning, I took the babies out to nana's backyard. Papi shortly followed and soon enough he was kicking around the soccer ball with Chica. It wasn't long before she managed to step in dog poop. I laughed at her reaction. She was saying "ewww, ewww," as she hopped/ran over to Papi to get her foot cleaned. I watched the two make their way over to the water hose. That's when I felt baby Patito's diaper area get warm. Figuring I'd go inside in a minute to get him changed, I continued to watch father and daughter wash off her feet. That's when I felt the drops kiss my knee and continue down to my bare feet. Diaper Leak...GREAT! I did laugh though before heading back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something year old mother of three. My eldest is about to complete his first year of school...Kindergarten! I thought that was going to be the most difficult challenge this year. I was wrong. I am also mom to Two in Diapers (hence the name of this blog). Balancing life is a struggle, and most often, I have had to put many of my passions on hold. My husband is an angel, and if it weren't for him (he being who he is), I don't know how I would survive. Little by little, I am trying to put everything back in order. The last 24 months have been very rocky. It started with my baby sister being diagnosed with cancer, shortly followed by my father's death. Over the months, we have been slammed time after time by devastating news, but we are surviving as a family. I hope you will join me as I try to piece the story together, both past and present.