Monday, July 13, 2009

Reno, Nevada

Wow...leaving California was harder than we thought. Have some editting to do on my drafts of our countdown to departure, so I'll post those later. I'm sitting in the motel lobby of an EconoLodge in Reno, Nevada. There's only a 15 minute usage time allowed...I've been on for 20. Oops.

We made it from San Jose to Reno lastnight. Got a much later start than expected because there is always "something"...grrr! There's quite a bit of traffic, so we are headed now to go walk for a bit in downtown before hitting the road again.

Today's haul will be "short"...if 7 hours could be considered short. Aiming to get to Salt Lake, Utah. Next big stop/populated area would be Cheyenne, Wyoming...but that would add another 6 hours to my day. Shortly, we'll start to "lose" time anyway due to time changes. This way, we'll have an early evening to catch up on rest, and get up early tomorrow for a longer haul. Or so I say...nothing has gone as planned, but that's life :)...I just keep holding on and adapting to the flow.

We had a wonderful drive, and it amazes me that we never run out of things to say. I love being with the one and I never get sick of being around. Ok...we're off to the slots. Yes, it's only 8am. Wish us luck, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something year old mother of three. My eldest is about to complete his first year of school...Kindergarten! I thought that was going to be the most difficult challenge this year. I was wrong. I am also mom to Two in Diapers (hence the name of this blog). Balancing life is a struggle, and most often, I have had to put many of my passions on hold. My husband is an angel, and if it weren't for him (he being who he is), I don't know how I would survive. Little by little, I am trying to put everything back in order. The last 24 months have been very rocky. It started with my baby sister being diagnosed with cancer, shortly followed by my father's death. Over the months, we have been slammed time after time by devastating news, but we are surviving as a family. I hope you will join me as I try to piece the story together, both past and present.