Friday, July 24, 2009

Flip-Flopping in the Rain

Well, if we can figure out why my laptop won't connect to the wireless, I'd post some pictures already. I've taken tons of course, and of every little thing I could. Photography...my original addiction :)

Yesterday, we were so soposed to have a storm whip up first thing in the morning. It was a no show...or so we thought. We had a "taking it easy" kind of day. Didn't get much done...BUT HEY - we've only been here for a week and quite frankly, there are tons of things we've accomplished by now.

Little Chica's room is going to be so pretty, I'm jealous. LOL. We knocked out the "pepto bismol" pink walls - truly an obnoxious color, even for a little girl. I'm not a big fan of pink, but this color was horendous. It made the hallway glow and burned my eyes...ok now I'm exaggerating, but really...knew we'd be taking care of that just as soon as escrow closed, we drove 2/3's away across the country and could pick out the new paint color.

Pato...his room is nearly completed as well. He is adopting the ocean theme we had for Neto Boy in California from age 1-3. And speaking of Neto, I talked to Kiki about getting started in his room. Poor boy. He's been very patient - as one could be at 6 years old. He's been watching paint be slapped onto his brother's and sister's walls, and keeps asking to make sure his room will be done up too. She got a wonderful volcano going that she is free-forming. He will be getting a "land of the dinosaurs" room. Neto got to do a few strokes on his own & some finger smudging of the paint, so now he is happy.

We ended up leaving for the store to check out some more curtains, dorm chairs, and whatever else we could find at The Christmas Tree Shop (very cool place). It was cloudy out, but not dark and menancing so Net & I were wondering around in our flip-flops. I got Mom to allow my GPS to get us there - to show her how well it works. She's an expert at reading a map, and she'll pull out her map book before checking out directions off of the internet. It got us there needless to say, and Neto Boy felt very important holding the device and confirming that we were on the right path. We did stop by the teeniest post office I've ever seen as well as Neto's new school. I can't believe he'll be starting in 2 weeks already.

Anyway, spent so much time in that store. It was my first time there, so I had to literally walk every single aisle to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Picked out way more than I thought I would. By the time we were checking out, there was a downpour outside. Kiki decided to bring up the car so we could load underneath some shelter from the building's overhang. Good thing. We would have been soaked.

As we stood there, a big crack of thunder made us all jump. There were lighting bolts and everything. Awww...Mother Nature's power. It amazes me. And yes, I will take seriously the saying in Indy- always carry a raincoat or umbrella in your car, lol.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and encouragement. It is greatly appreciated! I read your messages and am very touched. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something year old mother of three. My eldest is about to complete his first year of school...Kindergarten! I thought that was going to be the most difficult challenge this year. I was wrong. I am also mom to Two in Diapers (hence the name of this blog). Balancing life is a struggle, and most often, I have had to put many of my passions on hold. My husband is an angel, and if it weren't for him (he being who he is), I don't know how I would survive. Little by little, I am trying to put everything back in order. The last 24 months have been very rocky. It started with my baby sister being diagnosed with cancer, shortly followed by my father's death. Over the months, we have been slammed time after time by devastating news, but we are surviving as a family. I hope you will join me as I try to piece the story together, both past and present.