Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Note to Self

Must remember to close windows during T-storms...check.

Second - when using mail order to obtain merchandise, remember which state you now live in Amber!

So, we've been working on individual themes for each one of the munchkins. Little Patito gets the sea theme that was originally from Neto's first bedroom. Chica has the Disney Fairies (without over-emphasizing Tinkerbell), and Neto will have dinosaurs of course.

When we did Neto's room a few years ago, Kiki had ordered rub-on wall tattoos. They looked very much like paintings on the wall rather than stickers which created a marvelous effect. We ordered the dinosaurs and fish from Tatouage again. Chica's fairies had to come from Amazon.com however. Her stickers arrived last Wednesday, so I expected the boys' art to follow shortly. I began to worry when by Monday, they still weren't here.

Finally, I stole a moment between chores after the mail came and the tattoos still hadn't been delivered. I came across my order confirmation e-mail and was able to get the FedEx tracking number. I studied the itiniary and was confused as to why my purchase was shipped from Florida to Colorado and then to Nevada.

Then...it leaped out from the screen and bit me on the nose. Literally, I almost died from embarassment - though no one could even see me or know what I'd done. Reading the "mail to" section, I saw that the city was listed correctly; the zipcode was fine...BUT, the state designated was California. Yikes! I guess it's going to be harder than I thought to break a 32-year habit. I am a bit surprised I did that. I tend to be a little paranoid about things and usually read through a thousand times to make sure I have everything correct.

Of course...FedEx should have figured that out much sooner than they did. Most companies -even ones that use automated information systems- sort by zipcode first. The zipcode should have alerted them that the package didn't belong in California. Had the computer tied the zipcode to the city, they would've known to override the given state...or at the very least, call the customer to clarify...ya' think?

Luckily, the wall art was delivered yesterday. I had placed a call late Monday and left a message, but I am assuming they figured it out before then since it arrived the next day. They are beautiful! I can't wait to get them up on the walls of the boys' rooms.

Note to self taken. Triple check the address for correct state!

Post Script: I am having trouble posting the links within my blog text for some reason. But here they are if you'd like to see.

Neto's Dinosaurs
http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/product_p/20942p.htm

Patito's Sea
http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/product_p/21690p.htm

Chica's Fairies
http://www.amazon.com/Sandylion-Fairies-Wall-Stickers-glitter/dp/B000OFTUPC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1249476853&sr=8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something year old mother of three. My eldest is about to complete his first year of school...Kindergarten! I thought that was going to be the most difficult challenge this year. I was wrong. I am also mom to Two in Diapers (hence the name of this blog). Balancing life is a struggle, and most often, I have had to put many of my passions on hold. My husband is an angel, and if it weren't for him (he being who he is), I don't know how I would survive. Little by little, I am trying to put everything back in order. The last 24 months have been very rocky. It started with my baby sister being diagnosed with cancer, shortly followed by my father's death. Over the months, we have been slammed time after time by devastating news, but we are surviving as a family. I hope you will join me as I try to piece the story together, both past and present.